Co-Ed Surf Camps
“We educate and instruct children to surf responsibly”
Welcome to Orange County’s number one, all day surf camp! Erik Nelsen’s 32 years experience makes this well supervised, well organized surf camp the one to go to! Boys and girls will develop the skills and confidence to become lifelong surfers. With gentle waves, and a safe environment, camp surfers will be introduced to ocean safety, surfing techniques, surf etiquette, and ocean awareness!
Classes are taught by CPR certified instructors with a 4 to 1 student/instructor ratio.
Open to children ages 5 – 14
- Soft surfboards, wetsuits and tents for shade are provided.
- Class meets at West Newport Park, Corner of Seashore Dr. and Nordina St. in Northern Newport Beach.
- Camp has a 4:1 student to instructor ratio.
- Meet a pro surfer and pizza party on Friday, parents welcome.
- Participants receive: camp T-shirt, a group and individual photos and a goodie bag.
9:00 am to 9:15 am – Camp sign-in and drop-off at park lawn
9:30 am – Camps begins/ introduction/roll/stretching circle
9:45 am – Groups organized
10:00 am – Surf instruction and daily ocean lesson
11:00 am – Snack break
11:15am – Surf instruction and ocean activity
12:30 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – Surf lesson and ocean activity
2:20 pm – Activities finished/ beach clean up/pack up
2:45 pm – Instructors walk campers to dismissal area
3:00 pm – Sign out campers from lawn pick area
June 18 – June 22
June 25 – June 29
July 9 – July 13
July 16 – July 20
July 23 – July 27
July 30 – August 3
August 6 – August 10
August 13 – August 17
August 20 – August 24
August 27 – August 31
What to bring
Bagged lunch & a snack
Bathing suit & sandals
Bottle of water
Hat for shade
Soft surf boards
Large tents for shade